It doesn’t have to be Mother’s Day for you to shower your mom with gifts—you can do it any day of the year! Comprised of a cheek tint, lavender-infused coconut oil, lavender body soap, and lavender soy candle, you can make two sets of this relaxing DIY kit. Hand her one and keep the other for yourself! We promise these all-organic products will both help make you look and feel good.
Organic Cheek Tint
This chemical-free tint has easy-to-find ingredients and perfect for people with sensitive skin. You can also give this to your squad for the next hangout or sleepover session!
What to Do
1. Dice the beets into small pieces.
2. Add boiling water to the beets. Let it sit to make the beets softer.
3. Mash the beets. (Optional: You can also add water or coconut oil then use a strainer to get its juice.)
4. Add lemon juice to preserve the color of the beets on your skin.
5. Pour into a container with dropper then decorate with stickers and Hey Kessy washi tapes.
Coconut Lavender Soap
These two powerful ingredients work together to moisturize skin, treat acne, relax tired muscles, boost circulation, and more.
(Get soap making materials at Hey Kessy!)
What to Do
1. Heat the coconut oil.
2. Steep the lavender buds in heated oil.
3. Heat the soap base in the microwave for a minute or until it completely melts.
4. Put the melted base in a silicone mold.
5. Add the extracted oil and food coloring.
6. Mix well using the wooden stick.
7. Let it sit and harden overnight.
8. Pack it using stickers and Hey Kessy washi tapes and give it to your mom and friends.
Lavender Soy Candle
Lavender is often used for candles and oils because it has calming and relaxing properties known to help with insomnia, anxiety, and even depression.
What to Do
1. Melt the soy wax flakes. Put it in a glass then microwave for one minute or until the flakes melt.
2. Add lavender buds and food coloring.
3. Insert a wick in the metal core.
4. Put the wick at the center of the glass pot. Pour melted soy wax into the pot while making sure wick stays in the middle.
5. Let it sit and harden overnight. Decorate the glass with stickers and Hey Kessy washi tapes.
You can buy our products online or at our shop in UP Town Center and Alabang Town Center! Share your Hey Kessy DIY projects by tagging us on Facebook and Instagram! You can also use our hashtags #HeyKessyDIYin5 and #LetsBeMakers so we can see your creative projects.