To make your own paper fortune cookies, you need the following tools and materials:
1. Circular cut outs with a diameter of 4 inches.
2. Paint and paint brushes
3. Washi tape
6. Double sided tape (optional)
1. Decorate the circles using paint or washi tape. Don’t hesitate to combine different colors and pattern combinations.
2. Make sure you have enough fortunes printed or written on small strips of paper. There’s no limit in terms of what you want to write – it can be a piece of advice, line from your favorite song, quote from a movie, riddle, or good ‘ol prediction of the future. Fold the strip of paper and put it inside a circle.
3. Hold the circle just like in the photo below. Push the center of the circle while your thumb and index finger are pulling the upper and lower sides. You might need to use double-sided tape to keep the two ends together.
Give them out to friends for good luck! You can also make fortune cookies for birthday parties, weddings, or actually whenever you feel like it. 🙂
These particular set are for those who will visit the shop today. 🙂
PS I’ll be making more for the Chinese New Year and will definitely be needing more fortunes, if you have suggestions, leave them on the comment section below!