I’ve started listing down my craft plans and dreams for 2014. So happy the lovely ladies of Belle de Jour have sent me planners and journals to make things a little more organized here. 😉
I particularly love their Forget Me Not journal because it’s dot grid and thus, gives me more freedom to doodle around.
And because I am going to carry it around everywhere I go, I personalized it with washi tapes – makes it easier for me to spot and not accidentally forget. Here’s a simple tutorial on how you can decorate your own BDJ planners and journals:
1. Choose your washi tapes. Experiment with different color combinations and designs!
2. Gather all the other materials that you need: scissors, Mod Podge or water+glue mixture, and a sponge.
3. Cover the notebook with your first washi design. Don’t go all the way though!
Mix and match it with the other designs you’ve chosen.
4. When you’re done, trim the excess washi on the sides of your journal.
5. Use the sponge to seal the cover and sides of your journal with Mod Podge. At least two layers of sealant is good. You can also use strips of washi to as partition markers. I have one for my diy project list and another one for my doodles.
Luckily, the BDJ team also sent us extra planners and journals to give out to you guys! 🙂 The first 12 people who purchase at least one of the Hey Kessy original washi designs this 2014, will each get a BDJ Forget Me Not Ideas journal!
And finally, to thank all our online customers, we’ll be randomly choosing from them 3 lucky winners of these BDJ planners – which by the way are super hard for me to let go of because of all the coupons and freebies! 😉 You can read more about the Navi, Power Planner, and Everything is Possible planners here.
Don’t forget to share photos of your washied BDJ journals and planners on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Tag us! 🙂 @BDJBuzz @heykessy